Låneregler på engelska - Using the Library
Welcome To The Trollhättan City Library
Anyone can join the library – it’s free and it’s easy. You can use your library card at the City Library, the branch libraries Kronan and Sylte, and the Mobile Library.
- The first card is free.
- You need to show your ID to get a card.
- Your guardian needs to sign the membership form if you are under 18 years of age.
- Once you’ve signed the membership form, you are responsible and financially liable for everything borrowed on the card, and for following the library’s rules and regulations.
- Please contact the library if you lose your card! You are responsible for all loans made until the card has been blocked.
- Don’t forget to change your contact information in case you move to a new address or change your phone number/e-mail address.
- Your card will be blocked if it is misused, or if you have SEK 50 or more in unpaid fees.
Loans, renewals, and reservations
- Loans are normally 28 days (14 days if the book has been requested by other patrons).
- Movies, magazines, and certain other types of media have shorter loan periods.
- The age limit for borrowing DVDs and video games is 16 years.
- There are no renewals of DVDs, video games, reserved items, short-term loan items or where a reminder has been sent out.
- You can’t reserve short-term loan items.
- All information about your loans and reservations is confidential. There’s no way of knowing what you’ve borrowed once you’ve returned your loans.
The library is not responsible for
- any damage incurred when using library materials such as DVDs, CDs, and video games.
If the item you’ve borrowed is lost or damaged
- You have to pay the cost of replacing the item, or a charge based on standard tariffs prescribed by the Municipality.
If your items are overdue
- You have to pay a fine. The fee is SEK 4 per item per day, but SEK 10 per DVD per day.
- There are no overdue fines for children and young people under 18 years of age.
- Two reminders are sent out. The fee is SEK 10 per reminder.
- Once you’ve received the second reminder, you can’t borrow any more items until you’ve returned your overdue items.
- If you don’t return your items after two reminders, you will receive an invoice that includes any overdue, reminder, and service fees. If you don’t pay the invoice or return your items, your unpaid debt will be sent for collection.
Request books from another library
- It’s possible to request books from another library (interlibrary loan), if the book is not available at the Trollhättan City Library. The fee is SEK 10 per book.
- Books that have not been added to our collection because they lack in quality, cannot be requested from other libraries.